Thursday, February 1

what I've been up to recently........

I love being busy and the last few weeks have been exactly that! Yesterday, I had tons of errands to run... I went to check out a gallery space in the Kings Road, for my perspective solo exhibition, this summer!? Today, I met Charlene at Starbucks to help her with blogging. I also went to get some paper for my next book binding experiment. I really want to do something challenging with the next book. I will definitely attempt a leather binding very soon, I just need to pluck up the courage. The excitement of the day reached a climax at finally finding a motley crue t-shirt, woohoo. I know, it's tragic by my own admission!
Anyway, back to Art. Tomorrow I'm teaching in South London and Saturday is my last day at work before the sacred week off... I have to keep busy next week because as they say 'the devil makes work idle hands.'
Apart from having to do boring things like having my hair cut and going to the optician, I want to get loads of art work done and make a definitive action plan for the year, it's all about organisation! There is so much I want to achieve this year and at the moment, I feel like anything is possible...x

2 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

You certainly do sound busy! Would using very soft, fine leather be similar to using fabric for your books, in terms of what it's like to work with?

3 February 2007 at 16:54:00 GMT  
Blogger Cristina Petrucci-Baker said...

I guess it's always going to be a tougher/heavier material to work with. Thicker than fabric even when it's paired down. The corners would be more difficult. I think it would be worth the effort though.....X

3 February 2007 at 20:37:00 GMT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home