Monday, February 5

Day One: Artist's Block...



Yesterday I had a bad case of artist's block....I managed to get some work done but spent a large part of the day doing housework and baking stuff. This is what I usually do to combat the pain of artist's block. I hoovered, washed up about 8 times, baked pumpkin scones, blueberry muffins and homemade pizza. Domestic Goddess or just plain Crazy? (Photo: not one of my muffins, they got demolished before I could take a pic!)
I think what I need is a huge burst of Inspiration, as well as some new art materials and to do some research...(focus for the week!)
Well, it's the first day of my week away from my 'day job.' Today I braved the 'bright lights' of Enfield Town to get my hair cut.... I have successfully avoided the area for the last 3 months. The place just depresses me, I really feel that I've outgrown Enfield Town! I'm affraid of having my haircut almost as much as I'm scared of pigeons, and that's saying something! To make matters worse the only hairdresser that I trust is on maternity leave...To cut a long story short (excuse the pun)....I love my new haircut complete with quirky fringe. The guy who cut my hair was Italian from my mum's part of Italy, Campania, which is random...
Anyway, I survived a day in Enfield Town, to draw another day...I plan to post more regularly this week and make use of the extra time on my hands!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home