Tuesday, July 15

Busy days...

As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm going to Madrid! Well, I'm off on Thursday! I'm only going for five days, but I'm pretty excited as I've never been to Spain before. Stay posted for some photos....

....I've been quite busy with the day job, and thinking about what to do now that my website is up and running! It's always difficult, when you have focused so hard on something to then find a new focus... Although the feedback I've had from my website has definitely helped me think about my next move. I am hoping that there will be some time in Madrid to draw up some plans. I feel artistically, I'm stuck in a bit of a rut at the moment. The come down from the high of my exhibition and new website is casting a bit of a shadow!!!

Apart from working, thinking and packing for Madrid, not much to report. Apart from on Sunday, before work, we went for a coffee and walk along Columbia Road flower market. I've heard the talk about how wonderful the coffee is in the coffee stall that is there only on a Sunday. Actually I find the whole concept that the shops that line the flower market are only open for business on a Sunday strange. Anyway, I've drunk a lot of coffee in my 26 years....most of the best coffees I've had have been in Italy, where you pay 1 euro for a pretty good cappuccino... However I have to admit that I definitely had the best coffee of my life on Sunday morning!!! I loved the atmosphere, and the quaint shops, it's like stepping back in time to the 1940's...

I was looking for a few wedding cards, to take to Madrid today....and have realised there is a big gap in the market. I am struggling to find one let alone three. It's enough to make you not want to get married, in fear of receiving a terrible card! Real market potential..... If I had more time, I would have made them myself!

Yesterday was an exhausting day, I was running around town, doing errands, met with friends and then later met with Dan to finalise a few website bits. I'll take this opportunity to plug Dan and his talent for building websites...check out his website and contact him if you need one building!!!

http://www.hammerheadrabbits.com/


Photos from Columbia Road (please excuse the quality, I took them on my phone!):


1 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

Hope Madrid is going well!

17 July 2008 at 19:50:00 GMT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home