Wednesday, July 2

catch up...

I finished the album last week as you can see from the pictures. I have to admit to having had trouble casing the book block in, after a year away from bookbinding! The result was pretty good, taking all into consideration.

Today I've just been working on a card for a friend (picture below) of work in progress.

I've been looking after the garden for my parents, or at least attempting to. Yesterday, I tried to water the tomato and runner bean plants...it was a total disaster. I couldn't get the hose to work properly, every time I affixed the attachment and ran the water...water sprayed everywhere. So I gave up and filled buckets of water to pour over the plants. I ended up covered in mud and water and I'm pretty sure I accidentally trod on some of the little bean plants. I have managed however to maintain the watering of my mothers pride and joy, hanging baskets....The abundant crop of raspberries is however getting to me... I'm starting to get sick of the taste and every evening when I go to pick them, I get attacked by spiders and bees, or walk through a spider's web. This afternoon there was a power cut in the area. At first I thought it was just our house, I almost started fiddling with scary looking buttons under the stairs....I've been a very busy bee today, I decided to finally try a recipe for making Dolmas (stuffed vine leaves) from scratch. The stuffed vine leaves, as part of the mixed meze, were my favourite meal in Turkey. I ended up making nearly 50!!

Anyway, back to the point. Fingers crossed my website will be uploaded tomorrow!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home