Tuesday, September 18

"My Biography" by Cristina Petrucci

I'm starting to get slightly bogged down with constantly writing and filling in forms at the moment. So, I decided to take a break from it and write a short biography... I will probably edit it later and use it when I redo my website!-). I found it quite therapeutic and fun to write.....

I drew my first masterpiece at the age of 2.

7 years on, I loved being naughty and blaming it on my little brother or cousins. Every Sunday at my grandparents’ house, someone would always end up crying....but it was never me!

For ages I escaped blame but then one day, my nan said to my dad: 'Cristina, she's no angel'...oops, I was only 9!

My convent school girl days, I'd rather not talk about.....

But at the age of 15, I dreamed of running away to be in the American Army. I wrote to them which started an influx of 'top secret' confidential letters from their office in Virginia. This awoke a great concern in my mother.

This dream was short lived and was swiftly followed by an ambition to be an actress.

... At 17 I realised I couldn't live without art and stormed into an A level Art lesson to declare this love.

At 22 and after A Distinction from Central Saint Martins and a First Class degree in Costume from the London College of Fashion, I fell out of love with art.

We were not on speaking on terms for a year, but after much relationship counselling we rediscovered each other and our love was stronger than ever. This was also the age I got my first pair of cowboy boots.

At 23 I was is artistic despair, but like an angel in the dark, I had the bright idea to do an MA in Illustration.

By 24 I had finished my MA and had fallen in love with the American boy who drew pictures just like me!
I loved him like I loved drawing....

At 24 and a half I was a Libertarian and making art about being broken hearted.

By 24 and three quarters I thought I had fallen in love for a third time. But it was just a case of mistaken identity!

At 25 I lost my Liberty

Here I am at 25 and one third, facing a quarter life crisis....

To be continued.....

3 Comments:

Blogger Charlene said...

I love the biog Cristina! Will be interesting to see your rendition of the next 25 years go. Take care Charlene x

19 September 2007 at 15:08:00 GMT  
Blogger Cristina Petrucci-Baker said...

Man, this is the abridged version....no doubt more drama is on it's way!-)
x

20 September 2007 at 21:06:00 GMT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha, love it! Except I had to cut and paste it cause I couldn't read the little yellow italics!
Liberty should be flattered it plays such a large role. And hmm, I had no idea you were flirting with the US Army! Glad that one didn't go anywhere! :-D
Sarah xx

5 October 2007 at 07:20:00 GMT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home