Friday, September 7

Picture Problem Solving.....

.....this morning I woke up with that desperation to be artistic. After a light breakfast, I read through one of my art books and decided to pop into Enfield Town for a coffee (surprise, surprise!). I took my illustrations with me on what was there first outting (anyone who is a fellow artist will understand this strange phenomenon that is treating your art as though they are you children). In fact, maybe that's just me!

Anyway I set up camp in 'Starbucks' (and what a sight for sore eyes I was, amoungst all the mother's, prams and their children!).

At the moment I've got 4 illustrations on the go and perhaps another 4 or 5 in the pipe line. However with the 4 that are progress there are a few problems that I have come across. This is a common symptom of my particular way of working...which is to plan in my skechbook, disregard the plan and just start drawing...and before I know it I've spent 8 hours on a drawing and I've come across a perspective problem (not that I adhere to the laws of perspective anyway). So, this morning's task was to address each drawing in my sketchbook and technically solve the problems.



Did it work? Well I'm not sure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home