Monday, September 3

Fearing for my Sanity.....



.....Today my dad had the Cherry tree in our garden cut down. It's been there for as long as I remember, and I have many fond memories of gorging on the cherries that it produced. I feel really sad about it, bizarrely. I don't know if it's because I'm turning into the environmentalist or if it's because I'm getting increasingly sensitive in my old age. (I have to admit to going goo-eyed when I see mothers with their babies in Starbucks and cute animals, like squirrels, in the park)...Anyone who knows me, will find this hard to believe.

Anyway, here are some more sketches. Very rough ideas. To be honest I think that the concepts and drawings are only ledgible to me. I guess this defeats the purpose of posting up the scan. But this is all in my bid to make this blog slightly less photographic. I have to admit to being slightly worryingly attached to by camera.

Well, I'm going to face the empty void where the enormous cherry tree once stood and then carry on with some work!

4 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

Your dad is so dead.

4 September 2007 at 12:32:00 GMT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about the cherry tree! How sad. When I went back once to my parents' house, the cherry trees had had a blight, and they'd cut down all three of them. It almost killed me! Like something out of Chekhov. Man.

Hey, if you're interested, I'm trying to start a poetry challenge, sketch an image from the poem of your choice. Thought you might like it. :-)
http://community.livejournal.com/scbwi

Sarah x

5 September 2007 at 10:03:00 GMT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS I love the looseness of those drawings, really lovely.

Sx

5 September 2007 at 10:12:00 GMT  
Blogger Cristina Petrucci-Baker said...

I can't face going in the garden at the moment...not that I go in there much as it is...but the empty void is too too much!

Ooohh poetry challenge.....X

7 September 2007 at 16:07:00 GMT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home