Monday, February 12

Back to Work!


Work was really boring, probably the most boring day I've had in the 6 months that I have worked there, for the sheer lack of customers. I'm still trying to get used to my fringe and have still been mostly listening to 'Ultimate Dirty Dancing'.....
However, on a good note, my MA illustration tutor came in to see me, it was lovely to see her. I met my mentor after work, and discussed art and related issues. The big mistake being that I ate something sugary and now I'm wired and probably will not sleep all night (I think that my body has got used to a lack of sugar, I almost feel a little crazy as a result). We talked about going to see the Hogarth exhibition. I love Hogarth.....and I adore the above image for the amount of detail. I'm curious to get back to drawing and all my detailed art work, perhaps using pen and ink, for a change. We also talked about waiting for an 'artistic reason' to get of London for a while.

I got a message from a friend in France, it was really nice to hear from him. I'm working late shifts for the next two days, which is not much fun! At work there is the re-launch of the central atrium on Wednesday, and I found out that on the night I need to be on the ground floor to give directions to people, what a way to spend Valentines Evening!?

I plan to go down to Greenwich on Thursday or Saturday, this week. I'm really frustrated that I've been so busy and haven't had the free time to just sit down and really work on my illustration work. I've got tons of exciting things planned for the near-ish future so stay posted....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home