Wednesday, October 3

News....



I just thought I'd post up a quick note to update on recent developments...

The sneak preview below is my first costume illustration in over a year. Since finishing the MA, I had some time developing and experimenting, but my heart lies with illustrating costumes, as I learnt with this piece...that finally got named today! I need to have it professionally scanned as it's a bit of an unusual size and so can not post up the image yet.

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about the direction of my art. I'm a bit of an enigma, I think! I'm not a costume designer in the true sense of the word, but then again, I don't fall into the category of an illustrator....I think I'm some kind of cross breed! This is what I hope to exploit in my new project, it is also what I hope will make me interesting and different.

I am in the midst of a very exciting personal project, that I am researching at the moment. I was very happy to get in the post today the book I ordered from Amazon, that is part of this research. It's called 'The Opera Lover's Companion.' I planned to carry it around with me and read it before work and during lunch breaks, but it's bigger and heavier than I anticipated. I will however give it a try!

Today I had tea in Greenwich with Sarah and her neighbour. It was nice to catch up and get some feedback on my new work from my very talented illustrator friend.

There is so much to do, I also need to make two new photo ablums asap.....These are a couple of random images from the sketchbook....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home