Wednesday, June 20

Obsessively Blogging....

....I've been blogging and moaning alot for the past couple of weeks. I thought I'd make the most of it before chaos disends upon me and my colleagues, next week. I was tidying my art materials (for about 5 minutes, before I got bored) and found this paper that I bought a while ago, for a purpose that escapes me. I think I'm actually starting to collect paper for fun. Anyway I bought a note pad block today to make a diary and I'm thinking about using this paper as the cover... with a mustard leather spine? However, I suspect that the leather may be too heavy for such a small binding!? Wow, I feel so knowledgeable. Did I mention I was a member of the Society of Bookbinders!?

I've learnt a lot about bookbinding in the last 6/7 months... namely that I was doing it all wrong. By now I would be an expert bookbinder (if my manager would have allowed me the one day off to do the course I wanted...yes, I'm still slightly bitter about this). I'm sure my lack of naturally flair and impatience will win through in the end!


2 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

So Joe does it all wrong?

29 June 2007 at 12:13:00 GMT  
Blogger Cristina Petrucci-Baker said...

When he first showed me, he was...he's no doubt figured out the proper way by now...I do things the 'Cristina way' which is not necessarily right and I only know from what other people have told me, and 'those people (person)' doesn't book bind!-)
I think the big thing was the hard flat spine...that was very wrong. Never thought about it before but: "have you ever seen an old book with a flat spine?" I don't think I have! XX

29 June 2007 at 19:53:00 GMT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home