Saturday, April 21

Updates...

These are a couple of photo's of the inside of the below photo album. It's drying as I type, which is always a stressful time for me. I tried something a bit different with this album. On the end paper as you open the book is the first illustration. On the other side I've done an 'edition number.' I've also made the flowery paper upside down at the back of the album as well as the edition number, so that it functions from front to back and back to front.

This week, I've been a very disappointed that I am not able to do a evening book binding course at LCC, because of my part time job. I really wanted to take my skills to the next level, so that my practical making skills could match my challenging creative ideas. However, I'm going to see if I can find another course and make a huge effort to get out of the day job. But for now, I guess it was not ment to be and I'll have channel my artistic energy into another area. For the next month, I'll be putting in some more hours at work, so I'm going to have to be much more pro-active with my limited 'days off.'

I'll be 25 in about 6 weeks, and I really think I need to start making some life changing decisions. I want to travel, learn more and dedicate everyday I can to art and creative practices. I just need to figure out how I can practically do this. I have so many ideas and started projects that I wish I could devote more time to, it can be very frustrating. I have been researching opportunities for a while now and I haven't found anything that has really made me want to up-sticks and leave London behind....yet. I just can't but think that if I want to travel or work abroad, then there is no better time to do it, when I don't have any committments or anything holding me back. I guess it's just a matter of time and something will eventually come a long to whisk me away into another way of life.....

.....On a lighter note, the weather in London has been lovely, I hope that it lasts into next week. Also, I'll hopefully being going on holiday to Italy this August, which will be nice as I haven't visited the 'homeland' for three years.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home