Wednesday, September 24

update

Just an update to show some work in progress. In honesty, I'm finding drawing in mirror image to be quite a challenge. My instinct is to draw without rules or guidelines and reproducing one side onto the other is quite restrictive. I am undecided as to whether this is a good or bad thing yet. I guess I will draw that conclusion when the piece is complete. Great challenge though. The working title for this illustration is 'Love is Symmetry...'

I was researching plant symbolism in art yesterday and was struck by the story behind the naming of the flower 'forget me not.' Apparently a young man was picking the flowers by a river for his lover when he fell in and died. The cogs are turning for an illustration based on this story......

today 8pm:


today 2pm:

1 Comments:

Anonymous http://ukdissertation.co.uk/HR_Dissertation.htm said...

Great to read about I'm finding drawing in mirror image to be quite a challenge

12 November 2012 at 07:26:00 GMT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home